03 October 2012

my thoughts on the Lo & Sons O.G. travel bag

okay.  okay.  i've talked and posted photos of the Lo & Sons O.G. travel bag and dreamed about it and then made owning this travel bag my personal project for the past two months... odd right?!  well not for me... handbags are my thing and i will go out of my way to make a "want" turn into a "need" and then finally "purchase" my whatever it is i've been obsessing about for way too long.

long story short i was finally able to order the Lo & Sons O.G. travel bag last week.  the bag arrived this Monday and i was so excited to get home and tear into my new package.  first, let's make clear these are my honest to goodness thoughts and impressions on this travel bag.  no one nowhere helped me purchase or gifted me this travel bag it was my own purchase with my moola.  i am NOT a handbag review expert either so take my opinions as just that my opinions!

let me sum up my experience with i'm happy with my purchase but i'm slightly torn if i should return this travel bag.  the customer service so far with Lo & Sons has been just fine and their O.G. travel bag is unique with the adjustable back panel that slides over a rolling luggage handle and extra side pocket compartment to store shoes, heels, or what have you.  i love love me some free shipping and they offer free exchanges too but there is a but…

i could say the same things as other bloggers have been saying out this bag… lots of pockets, able to stay organized, padded sleeves for iPad and laptop but for me something is just a bit off about this bag. 

when it arrived the box was crumpled and it looked like someone had opened the box and then taped it back up during travel but very poorly taped it because if it had rained this box/bag would have been all wet inside and out.  i did find the O.G. bag in a sealed plastic bag but that was it besides paper stuffing to try and reduce the bag from rolling around in the box during travel which was considerate but no tissue, no finding the bag in it's dust bag, no note or other special touch from the company.  maybe i’ve been spoiled by other sites that put more attention and detail into how they ship their products because with the O.G. there was a lack of presentation or that something unique that usually goes hand in hand with an independent company.  again this may not matter to anyone else but me.

there was and still is a strong odor to this bag and i’ve been trying to air it out since Monday but it’s still really present.  i haven’t had an issue with smell with any handbag purchase recently so this caught me off guard and part of why i’m not sure if it’s an ultimate keeper.  the hardware for the shoulder strap is not anything compared to my MZ Wallace handbags so that makes it seem “cheap” to me… i’m talking about the clasps on the shoulder strap that attach to the ring already on the bag.  i’m picky and particular and i know this was not a terribly expensive travel bag but it was a semi big purchase for me so i didn’t want to be let down on quality.  i don't know why this caught my attention but the zippers are scratchy... and my MZ Wallace zippers are smooth... meaning if my hand brushes against the O.G. zippers they scratch my skin versus the smooth zippers on my MZ bags.

i'm writing so much and being so personal because the purchase was important to me.  no one else where i live has a Lo & Sons O.G. travel bag so i couldn't see this bag prior to purchase.  i can only image how important it might be for someone else to put down almost 300 hundred on a travel bag and i want them to be able to read a review that was not sponsored or part of a c/o post etc.

okay so that's my two cents right now... i do like the bag, the size of it for travel, and the function that it fits over a rolling luggage handle but i also have some things to think about before the time period that i can return the bag expires.


5 comments:

  1. Did you end up returning the bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I parted ways with this travel bag.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I just got the same bag and I want to return it. I'm very disappointed with the quality of the hardware and the nylon. The hardware doesn't look like it'll last very long - very cheap and flimsy. The nylon reminds me of Ross (dress for less? yeah.)

    And while I think presentation is usually bullshit, I have to agree with you on this one. I just feel like I bought something on Canal St. or at the Alley in LA and I got ripped off instead of a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honest review and for saving me money. I was between this and a Tumi and I went with the Tumi. Not only because I like that The Tumi has more pockets and is a backpack, but the products are extremely well made and durable. If you watch what she is actually putting in the bag, it's more like a purse than a tote. It would not fit a full change of clothes, my Bose head phones, my jewelry roll-up, medication pack, contact/glasses container, pashmina wrap, snack cooler and assorted other items I take on my international trips (Int'l director of sales for dental company, former flight attendant and former corporate travel agent of 22+ years). Thank you so much for an honest review!!! It is so appreciated. I look forward to reading more posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome Karen! Thanks for posting and I bet "R" has lost hope that I'd ever respond but I did not end up keeping the bag for very long. I will stick with MZ Wallace for any and all nylon type handbags.

    ReplyDelete